As you embark upon your journey to gain weight, there are essentials to take into consideration. Being underweight could be a result of several reasons based on genetics or illnesses. Any stark step taken towards weight gain should be in consultation of a professional. In this account, we will be discussing some effective ways to gain weight to complement the process:
Eat more than you exhaust:
It is vital to consume more calories than your body utilises. This will eventually lead to the increase in the weight. Adapt this as a part of your daily life. Try to carefully determine how much energy is being required to ensure your routine chores.
Include lot of proteins
Since proteins form the building blocks of your muscles, eating sufficient amounts will help in gaining muscle weight as opposed to just fat.
Take 3 meals in a day
It is advisable to eat at least three meals per day loaded with some energy-dense snacks rich in carbs and proteins, whenever possible. Here are some energy-dense foods that fit the bill for gaining weight:
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, peanuts
- Dried fruit: Raisins, dates
- Dairy: Full cream, full-fat yogurt, cheese
- Oils: Extra virgin olive oil and ghee.
- Grains: Oats, brown rice, quinoa
- Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams
Lift weights for strength improvement
This is when you get a bit tough on yourself. To make the excess calories go to your muscles instead of fat cells, look at lifting weights. This should be attempted under supervision if you are a beginner. Try to hit the gym 2-3 times a week and gradually increase the weights and reps.
Keep at it
Any change that you try to bring upon your body will be received with resistance. Similarly gaining weight can be equally challenging. When you include more calories, expect your body to reduce the appetite and a boost in your metabolism. A feeling of full stomach is bound to occur, here is when it would be needed to overcome the difficulty by eating more. Gaining weight is a long process and cannot be considered for a short term goal. Consistency and willpower will help in sustaining the process in the longer run.
Additionally, here are some quick measures that can catalyse weight gain:
- Avoid drinking water before meals. Water fills up the stomach and makes it harder to get in enough calories.
- Eat more often. Squeeze in an additional healthy snack whenever you can, such as before bed.
- Drink full cream milk. It is an absolute source of high-quality protein and calories.
- Do not compromise on quality sleep. Good rest is essential for muscle recovery and relaxation.
- With meals that are loaded with protein and carbs, include roughage throughout salads. This will lead to better digestion. Squeeze some lemon and salt on fibre rich veggies like cucumber, radish, carrot, etc.
You might come across the idea of hogging food to increase weight. While that is not entirely false, a well planned diet with necessary nutrients will help you through it without compromising on your health. Junk food is a big no no. To make healthy food tastier, usage of dried herbs and sauces is a good idea.